India's Leading Tour Operator since 1987.
India Tour Click here...
Indian Embassy in Chicago, USA
JURISDICTION of the Consulate General of India, Chicago, Address: 455 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive, Suite 850, Chicago, IL - 60611, Tel. 312-595-0405, Fax: 312-595-0416 and 312-595-0417, covers the following states: Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, N.Dakota, S.Dakota, Wisconsin, Missouri.
For visa, passport and other consular services, you may contact the concerned officers on their direct telephone lines in case of any inconvenience. These direct lines are 312-595-0413; 312-595-0411 and 312-595-0415.
If you are a resident in a state outside this area, please apply for your visa services, depending on the location of your residence as per details below:
1. Passports valid for a minimum of six months beyond date of intended departure from India should accompany visa applications.
2. Paste one photo and staple the other one on the form at specified place.
3. Applicants holding other than United States passports should submit proof of long term-stay(at least three years) / permanent residence (copy of green card) in the United States to expedite issuance of visa. For Applicants, who do not normally stay in U.S., references have to be made to their country of residence for which an additional $20 fee is applicable and will involve five to seven days processing time after receipt in the Consulate. Please refrain from making inquiries about the status of application during this time. Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Sri Lankan nationals who are not permanent residents of U.S.A. have to apply for visa in the country of their residence. Application of Chinese nationals permanently resident in the U.S. may take 1-3 months time to process depending on the purpose of the visit.
4. Following Visa are available:
(a) TOURIST VISA: Valid for 6 months to 10 years for US nationals only. The stay on each visit should not exceed six months. For nationals of other countries , tourist visa s valid from 6 months to 5 years.
(b) ENTRY VISA: Valid for 6 months to 5 years with multiple entries. This visa allows stay for more than six months and is available to people of Indian origin or applicants having abiding reasons to visit India.
(c) BUSINESS VISA: Valid for one year to 10 years with multiple entries available to US nationals only. The stay on each visit should not exceed six months. For nationals of other countries , business visa is available from 6 months to 5 years. Letter from sponsoring organization indicating nature of applicant's business, probable duration of stay, places and organizations to be visited incorporating therein a guarantee to meet maintenance expenses, etc. should accompany the application.
(d) STUDENT VISA: Depending upon the duration of the course multiple entry student visa for bonafide students to pursue regular studies at recognized institution in India. A letter conforming admission from such an institution along with evidence of financial arrangements for stay in India should accompany application. In case of admission in medical or para-medical courses in India, a letter of approval or No Objection Certificate from Ministry of Health, New Delhi, is also required. Likewise for admission in graduate or post-graduate courses in Engineering or Technical Institutions in India, a letter of approval or a No Objection from Ministry of Human Resources Development (Dept. of Education), New Delhi, should be submitted. For research purposes detailed synopsis of the research project, countersigned by the sponsoring institution in India should be submitted.
NOTE: Processing of applications for research may take about three months.
(e) TRANSIT VISA: Valid for single/double entry for short stop over for travelling to a third country with confirmed onward tickets.
(f) MISSIONARIES: Valid for single entry and duration as permitted by Government of India. A letter in triplicate, from sponsoring organization indicating intended destination in India, probable length of stay, and nature of duties to be discharged should be submitted along with guarantee for applicant’s maintenance while in India. NOTE: Processing of applications for missionaries may take upto three months.
(g) JOURNALIST VISA: Journalist Visa are given to professional journalists and photographers for three months stay in India.
(h) EMPLOYMENT VISA: Employment Visa are initially issued for one year stay subject to fulfillment of certain conditions. This can be extended by Foreigners Regional Registration Office in India,if the job contract continues. Spouses and children will get coterminus Visa.
(I) CONFERENCE VISA: Letter of invitation from the organizer of the conference and approvals of Indian authorities to be submitted along with the visa application.
For visit to Restricted or Protected Areas, a separate form (in triplicate) is to be filled in along with three photos. Processing of this application will take at least two months.
6. Special forms have to be filled by citizens of Pakistan (4 copies with 5 photos) and Bangladesh (2 copies with 3 photos)
2. All kinds of fee should be paid either in cash or through money order, bank drafts or certified cheques drawn in favour of Consulate General of India, Chicago. Personal cheques and payments through Credit Card are not accepted.
8: GRATIS (Free) visa is issued to the nationals of Afganistan, Argentina, Bangladesh, Hungary, Jamaica, Maldives, Mauritius, Mongolia, Poland, Slovak Republic, South Africa, Urguay and DPRK (North Korea). However, an express fee of US $12 would be charged from nationals of Hungary for same day service.
RUSSIAN AND ROMANIAN NATIONALS
SRILANKAN AND PAKISTANI NATIONALS
NEPAL AND BHUTAN
Holders of US official passports on non-official travel would be charged visa application fee of US $ 20.
Note: Postal/Fax/Telex charges would be recovered from the applicant wherever applicable.
9. EMERGENCY SERVICE:
10. NO REFUNDS: Visa fee once received cannot be refunded, even if the application is withdrawn, visa is refused or the type of visa applied for has not been granted.
11. RECEIPT AND DELIVERY OF PASSPORTS: AT COUNTER: Applications will be received at the counter between 9.00 a.m. and 12.30 p.m. Normally, US Passports will be processed the same day and serviced passports can be collected at the Counter between 3.30 p.m. and 5.00 p.m.
i) For certified mail $ 5.00 for one passport and US $ 1.00 for each additional passport. ii) For Express mail - $ 15.00 for one passport and US $ 1.00 for each additional passport.
12. Incomplete /false information: Application forms should be filled in fully, legibly and accurately and submitted with passport. Misrepresentation of facts may result in denial of visa. Application received with incomplete details will remain unprocessed.
13. For general inquiries or supply of application forms: Please write or send a fax to Consulate General of India, 455 N. Cityfront Plaza Drive,#850, Chicago, IL 60611, Tel. (312)595-0405, Fax (312) 595-0417. Visa mailing inquiries tel. (312)595-0405 Extn.25. Application forms are also available at Internet "http://www.indiaserver.com" ( click Government and then click Consulate General of India New York City).
CHECK LIST FOR REGISTRATION FORMALITIES
(i) Photocopy of the passport and initial visa
We take full responsibility for the activities and conduct of Mr./Mrs.________________________________________________ national of _______________ during his/her stay
in India. If anything adverse comes to notice during this period, we undertake to repatriate him/her on our cost.
Signature of Competent Authority
|Site Promoted by India Tour Operator www.getsholidays.com|