India's Leading Tour Operator since 1987.
India Tour Click here...
Indian Embassy in Windhoek, Namibia
2. Passport valid for a minimum of six months beyond the date of intended departure from India should accompany visa applications.
3. One photo to be pasted on the form at specified place and the other stapled.
4. Applicants holding other nationalities (other than the country where applying for visa), should submit proof of long-term (at least three years)/ permanent residence in the country (where applying). For citizen of other countries, a reference has to be made to their country of residence for which an additional fee is applicable and will involve extra processing time.
5. Following types of visas are available from the Indian missions abroad:
• TOURIST VISA . It is given for 6 months normally. The applicant is required to produce/submit documents in proof of his financial standing. Tourists travelling in groups of not less than four members under the auspices of a recognized travel agency may be considered for grant of collective tourist visa.
Tourist visa up to 5 years may be granted if the applicant is connected with the tourism trade.
• BUSINESS VISA . It is valid for one or more year with multiple entries. A letter from sponsoring organization indicating nature of business, probable duration of stay, places and organizations to be visited incorporating therein a guarantee to meet maintenance expenses, etc. should accompany the application.
• STUDENT VISA. It is issued for the duration of the academic course of study or for a period of five years whichever is less, on the basis of firm letters of admission from universities/recognized colleges or educational institutions in India . Change of purpose and institutions are not permissible.
• TRANSIT VISA. It is i ssued for a maximum period of 15-days with single/double entry facilities to bona fide transit passengers only .
• VISA TO MISSIONARIES. It is v alid for single entry and duration as permitted by Government of India. A letter in triplicate from sponsoring organization indicating intended destination in India , probable length of stay, and nature of duties to be discharged should be submitted along with guarantee for applicant's maintenance while in India .
• JOURNALIST VISA. Issued to professional journalists and photographers for visiting India . The applicants are required to contact on arrival in New Delhi , the External Publicity Division of the Ministry of External Affairs and in other places, the Office of the Government of India's Press Information Bureaus.
• CONFERENCE VISA. It is i ssued for attending conferences/seminars/meetings in India . A letter of invitation from the organiser of the Conference is to be submitted along with the visa application. Delegates coming to attend conferences may combine tourism with attending conferences.
• EMPLOYMENT VISA. It is i ssued to skilled and qualified professionals or persons who are engaged or appointed by companies, organisations, economic undertakings as technicians, technical experts, senior executives etc. Applicants are required to submit proof of contract/employment/engagement of foreign nationals by the company or organization.
The time required for processing the visa applications depends upon the type of visa applied for.
• MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION: The duration of stay in India , for each visit on a tourist visa or business visa, is for a period of 6 months even though a valid visa may be for more than 6 months.
Visa is given for a period for which passport is valid. For example, if a passport is valid until April 30, 2008 , and an applicant is applying for 5 years visa on December 31, 2004 , the applicant will not be issued a 5 years visa as the passport expires before the 5 year visa period applied for.
Validity of all visas is counted from the date of their issue.
If visa is for more than 180 days, registration is compulsory within 14 days of first arrival in India .
For extension of visa in New Delhi , MHA- Director (F), Lok Nayak Bhawan, Ist floor, Khan market, New Delhi-110003 may be contacted.
Transit Visa : N$130.00
NOTE: All information has been taken from government
of india website and other websources . Please check with local embassy
/ consulate for accurate information.
|Site Promoted by India Tour Operator www.getsholidays.com|