| Port Louis, Mauritius
|Dar es Salaam,
|Port of Spain,
Trinidad & Tobago
for Other Embassy...
Indian Embassy in Vancouver, Canada
1. Visa applications are accepted at the counter from 9.30 am to 12.30
pm Monday to Friday, except holidays. (Please see holiday list at S. No
2. One Visa application should be submitted with: (i) two recent passport
size photographs pasted/stapled on the application form and (ii) Valid
passport. In addition to the current passport, the previous passport may
also be enclosed non-production of which may result in delay/refusal of
3. Special Visa applications are needed for nationals of PAKISTAN AND
AFGHANISTHAN, it may take up longer time to grant visa to an applicant
who is a visitor to Canada or has any passport other than a Canadian one.
4. Acceptance of Visa application and giving of a collection date on the
receipt do not necessarily mean grant of visa. THE CONSULATE GENERAL RESERVES
THE RIGHT TO DELAY/REFUSE VISA WITHOUT ASSIGNING ANY REASONS. Visa ARE
ISSUED SUBJECT TO ALL CHECKS AND CLEARANCES.
5. Applicant may be required to appear for an interview at his/her own
expense. In such cases , the date of pick-up shown on the White Receipt
will not be applicable.
6. All TELEPHONE INQUIRIES should be directed to : (604) 662 8811.
7. The Consulate General Shall not be held liable to any claim arising
out of delay/refusal of visa or loss of passport in transit or otherwise.
8. Passports submitted at counter for visa will normally be ready for
collection the next working day. However, this does not apply to applications
for RESTRICTED/PROTECTED AREAS and certain other categories (such as Studies,
Missionary Work, etc) requiring references, where the processing period
may take 10 – 12 weeks. At the time of the collection of the passport(
with Visa), the WHITE RECEIPT for fee will have to be produced . Mail
cases will take a longer period ( about a week if all papers are complete).
9. Persons coming from or through Yellow Fever–infected areas are required
to be in possession of a Valid Certificate of Vaccinations against yellow
fever. No other Vaccinations are necessary.
10 Visa Fees, once charged, shall not be refunded, even if visa is refused
or application is withdrawn.
11. EXACT VISA FEE, and MAILING CHARGES should be paid by money order/bank
draft/certified cheque in favor of Consulate General Of India, Vancouver.
Cash is accepted. APPLICANT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CHARGES LEVIED
AGAINST DISHONOURED CHEQUES. No Personal Cheque is accepted.
12. All outstation applicants requiring urgent Visa should ensure that
a prepaid priority post envelope or a stamped, self-addressed envelope
for registration is enclosed along with the application to enable The
Consulate General to return passports. No passports will be sent by the
Consulate General by COLLECT COURIER.
13. VISA FEE: NATIONALS OF CANADA/U.S.A.*/U.K.
AND ALL OTHER COUNTRIES (INQUIRE ABOUT EXCEPTIONS) (VISA FEE SUBJECT TO
CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE):
| TYPE OF VISA
| Visitor / Business (one year)
| Tourist (up to 6 month’s validity)
| Student Visa (Valid for the duration of the course or for a period
of five years, which ever is less -Multiple entries)
| Long Term Visa (between one to five years) : (Business/Students/Visitors-persons
of Indian Origin)
| Visa for Pakistani Passport Holders
| Emergency visa service - same day pickup - Additional fee
Mailing Charges (C$ 12.00 by priority mail and C$ 15.00 by courier
service for British Columbia and C$ 20.00 by priority and C$ 30.00 by
courier for other areas)
Referral charges C$ 30.00 to be charged from other than Canadian
Levy and other fees for holder of U.S. Passports (This will be in addition
to normal visa fee)- C$ 30.00 + C$31.00
Business Visa – Applications for Business Visa should be accompanied
by a letter from the applicant's company stating the purpose of the visit.
Student Visa – Applications for student Visa should be accompanied
by the letter of admission from recognized school/institution in India.
Long Term Visa – Sufficient reason for Granting Long term Visa
should be given in a separate letter.
14. LONG TERM VISA holders are also required to comply with the regulations
regarding registration at Foreigners Regional Registration offices in
Bombay, Calcutta, New Delhi, Chief Immigration Officer, Madras and District
Superintendents of Police in all other districts.
15. The Consulate General may be closed on important Canadian holidays.
In addition to these, the Consulate will be closed on the following holidays,
some of which do not fall on fixed dates: Republic Day (26th Jan), Independence
Day(15th Aug), Mahatma Gandhi’s Birthday(2nd Oct), Christmas Day (25th
Dec), Buddha Purnima, Dussehra, Diwali, Good Friday, Guru Nanak’s Birthday,
Idu’l Fitr, Idu’l Zuha, Mahavir Jayanthi and Muharram. The Consulate General
may be closed on other holidays as well.
16. An applicant who desires to visit any RESTRICTED/PROTECTED areas in
India is required to submit an application on the prescribed form for
the issue of a Special Permit, in addition to the visa application. It
takes about 10 – 12 weeks for processing of such an application. These
forms are supplied upon request.
RESTRICTED AREAS currently include the States of Assam, Meghalaya,
Tripura and The Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
RESTRICTED AREAS currently include certain bordering areas in
the States of Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh, the
whole of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Nagaland, Sikkim and areas lying
on the western side of National Highway # 15 from Gandhinagar to Sanchore
17. The Consulate General of India, Vancouver has the following jurisdiction:
British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Yukon and Northwest territories.
18. Our other offices in Canada and their jurisdiction are as follows:
A) High Commission of India,
10 Springfield Road, Ottawa,
Ontario K1M 1C9
Tel: (613) 744 3750 – 51
Fax: 6130 744 0913
Jurisdiction: Ottawa, Hull, National Capital region comprising Kingston,
Cornwall, Hawksbury, Smith Falls, Carleton Place and Montreal.)
B) Consulate General Of India,
Suite# 500, 2 Bloor St.West,
Toronto, Ontario M4W 2E2
Tel: ( 416) 960 0750- 51
Fax : (416) 960 9812
Jurisdiction) Ontario and Quebec, except places falling under the jurisdiction
of HCI, Ottawa, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island
19. THE VALIDITY OF Visa STARTS FROM THE DATE OF ISSUE. Visa are processed
on receipt of the application irrespective of travel. Applicants seeking
short term Visa up to six months are therefore, advised to apply for
the same nearer the time of their travel so as to be able to complete
their trip during the validity of Visa.
20. VISA APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE FREE OF COST AND CAN ALSO BE DOWNLOADED
FROM THIS SITE.
21. RECENT CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP HOLDER (INDIAN ORIGIN) WILL REQUIRE TO
SUBMIT THEIR INDIAN PASSPORT ALSO ALONG WITH THE VISA APPLICATION.